April 15, 2020
While COVID-19 isn’t in the Hoopfest playbook, prioritizing the health and safety of our community is. With that in mind, we’ve moved Hoopfest to August 22nd and 23rd to safely execute the Best Basketball Weekend on Earth.
We will continue to monitor COVID-19 throughout the summer to ensure that August will be a safe time to celebrate together here in Hooptown USA.
Updated Hoopfest 2020 registration timeline:
- Guaranteed Registration Deadline: July 13, 2020
- Late Registration Deadline: July 24, 2020
- Refund Request Deadline: July 24, 2020
- Hoopfest 2020: August 22-23, 2020
If you are one of the many teams that have already registered, please be on the lookout for a second email from us that will outline options for your existing registration. Options include maintaining your registration in the August tournament, requesting a refund, or considering a donation to Spokane Hoopfest Association, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Please continue to follow us on social media for updates throughout the Hoopfest season.
Thank you for your patience, understanding and support and we look forward to seeing you in the streets in August!
April 1, 2020
To our Hoopfest family,
We recognize there is a lot of uncertainty around COVID-19 and we hope everyone is staying healthy in these unprecedented times. Our hearts go out to each and every one of you as we adjust to our new normal and we thank you for your patience as we navigate this together. While COVID-19 isn’t in any of our playbooks, the health and safety of our community remain our top priority.
Hoopfest has been a bright spot every summer for the past 30 years – not only for the 24,000+ athletes, but for our local businesses as well. We are continuing to operate (from a safe distance) and monitor the situation in hopes of celebrating the 31st Hoopfest in June. Registration is and will continue to remain open for June 27-28; however, COVID-19 is wildly unpredictable so we’ve reserved August 22-23 as an alternative date. As our situation is changing daily, we will make the ultimate decision to postpone by the end of April.
There is a great deal of agility required by all of us to overcome the challenges presented by COVID-19. We know many of you have planned for an amazing Hoopfest 2020 since Hoopfest 2019 and we acknowledge the complexities around travel and accommodations. We are working diligently to make Hoopfest 2020 safe and available to all.
For your peace of mind, we modified our “no refund policy” so that you can feel safe in your financial commitment. If we postpone Hoopfest 2020 to August 22-23, you will be given the option to maintain your registration, request a full refund, or donate your registration to support the organization* during these challenging times.
We will unite again as players, volunteers, fans, and sponsors together under the hoop. We are one team in Hooptown USA and it is more important than ever to remain optimistic and remember that we will be there for you this summer and for the next 31 summers.
*Spokane Hoopfest Association is a 501c3 not-for-profit organization
- Why did you choose August 22 & 23? Hoopfest can’t shut down 45 city blocks every weekend so we were lucky to find a second date with the city. We’ve been in contact with all of our major partners and sponsors to ensure this date would work for everyone.
- When are you making that final decision? As our situation is changing daily, we will make the ultimate decision to postpone by the end of April.
Team Registration –
- Are you extending team registration? If Hoopfest is postponed to August, we will extend the registration date to July 13.
- If my team registered for the June tournament and Hoopfest is postponed until August, does that mean my team is automatically signed up for the August tournament? If we postpone to August, we will send an email and your team will be given the option to maintain your registration, request a full refund, or donate your registration fee to our organization*.
- Can I get a refund if I cannot play in August? If we postpone Hoopfest 2020 to August 22-23, your team will be given the option to maintain your registration, request a full refund, or donate your registration fee to our organization*.
- Not all of my teammates can make the August date. Can we change players? Yes you will still be able to change your players through our player change form. If you cannot find another player, please join our Player Forum and see if anyone is looking for a team.
- What if Hoopfest is canceled completely? We are currently working through multiple scenarios that do not include canceling. If we cancel completely, you will be given the option to request a full refund or donate your registration fee to our organization*.
- Will all brackets still be an option for an August tournament? Yes, all brackets will still be available.
- Is volunteer registration still open? Yes volunteer registration remains open.
- How will COVID-19 affect Court Monitor training? We’re working through options for digital training and will email each court monitor with more information.
- Is August safe for large group events? We will continue to monitor COVID-19 throughout the summer. The health and safety of our Hoopfest community is priority #1 and we would not risk your health if it were not safe.
- What safety precautions are you taking? We are following all protocols set by public health officials and our local and national government. The health and safety of our Hoopfest community is priority #1 and we would not risk your health if it were not safe.
Please refer to our general FAQ page for more answers.
March 16, 2020
As we all do our part to stop the spread of COVID-19, the health and wellness of our global community is priority number one. In this moment of uncertainty, we all must be considerate, sensitive and compassionate. Washing your hands, not touching your face, wiping down your space, coughing/sneezing into your elbow, and social distancing are little things we all can do, right now, to help. These small acts are not just for you but for all those around you. We are all on the same team against the spread of this virus.
The Hoopfest organization is on board too. The situation is fluid and changing rapidly, but we are closely monitoring all sources and resources that are available to us to ensure the health and safety of the entire Hoopfest community.
In addition, we are also actively planning for the 31st year of the Best Basketball Weekend on Earth, Hoopfest 2020. Registration is open and will remain open. Hoopfest has been a bright spot in summer planning for 30 years and we strive to make it a bright spot at the end of the current tunnel we find ourselves in. Hoopfest 2020 will be our opportunity to come back outside and come together under the hoop.
For your peace of mind, we have modified our “no refund policy” so that you can feel safe in your financial commitment. We are working with our community partners to make Hoopfest 2020 accessible for all. Teams, volunteers, sponsors and fans are all invited to join us on the streets of Hooptown USA the weekend of June 27-28.
We encourage you to connect with us at www.SpokaneHoopfest.net and on social media @spokanehoopfest for the latest news and updates.
This remains a complicated situation but one where a little optimism and something to look forward to will help. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and we are grateful for all of you who make Hooptown USA the best basketball community on earth.
Updated 2020 Refund Policy
In the event of tournament postponement due to COVID-19, you will be given the option to maintain your registration in the tournament at the yet to be determined date or request a full refund. In the event of tournament cancellation due to COVID-19, all team registration fees will be refunded upon request.