Giving back isn’t canceled.
Today is Giving Tuesday and it’s more important than ever to recognize the power of a united community. Although we are a 501(c)(3) ourselves, Hoopfest has given back nearly $2m to other local charities. The most powerful part of that is that we alone cannot take the credit. These contributions were made possible by you – every team entry, every sponsorship, every vendor, every visitor, every volunteer.
Hoopfest – the weekend we all know and love – will look different this year. We’re working hard to responsibly create the same magic of June in August, and there is no doubt that our community’s passion will play a big role. We’d be lying if we said it won’t be hard and that we need this community more than ever. We set up a donation link on our website to help us weather this storm, but you can also donate your time to make Hoopfest come to life.
Hoopfest and Hooptown are waiting on the other side of COVID. Until then, join the movement and give – each Tuesday and every day – whether it’s your time, a donation, or the power of your voice in Hooptown USA.
DID YOU KNOW –
- Hoopfest has donated nearly $2 million to local charities
- Hoopfest weekend contributes $50 million annually to the local economy
- Hoopfest has built over 30 community basketball courts around the Inland Northwest
- Hoopfest runs Ignite Basketball Association – is a free community and school-based outreach program that offers a safe, constructive alternative for area youth in grades 6, 7 and 8.
- Hoopfest helps facilitate the Dan Fitzgerald Memorial Basketball Tournament annually which donates food and money to local charities
-Your Hoopfest family.